On the 11th day of Christmas (Friday, January 5) , you and your family can attend the Friends and Family Concert, at Christ our Hope at 7:00 p.m. An evening of wonderful vocal and instrumental music, followed by refreshments and fellowship afterwards.
On the 12th day of Christmas (Saturday, January 6), you and your family can attend the Home Fellowship Group 12th Night party at Greg and Susie Current’s home (30 Simms Street — in the Huffman District), starting at 6:30 p.m. Here are some ideas of foods you can bring to share:
- A Partridge in a Pear Tree: pear tart or poached pears.
- Two Turtle Doves: turtles candies
- Three French Hens: chicken
- Four Calling Birds: a chicken pot pie
- Five Golden Rings: any ring shaped food- a bundt cake, a stuffed pastry ring, etc.
- Six Geese a-Laying: deviled eggs
- Seven Swans a-Swimming: swan shaped meringue, anything white like a swan.
- Eight Maids a-Milking: chocolate milk
- Nine Ladies Dancing and
- Ten Lords a-Leaping: anything shaped like dancing and leaping.
- Eleven Pipers Piping: bread sticks look like pipes
- Twelve Drummers Drumming: Large marshmallows decorated like drums.
We will also be doing our annual Twelve Days of Christmas song- with pictures, and maybe have an old-fashioned , Victorian game of charades.
And finally, on Sunday, January 7, we will observe the Feast of the Epiphany and have a baptism. What a wonderful Christmastide for all!